South Wales Fire and Rescue Service operates a number of social media pages and channels. Our social media pages are an important way for us to engage with the public and your feedback, your comments and your support remain extremely important to us. However it is important that you understand that by voluntarily following us or liking our pages and engaging and interacting with its content and possibly that of other visitors, you agree to adhere to the ground rules we have in place. These include the following.
Social Media Terms and Conditions
Before engaging with any of South Wales Fire and Rescue Service’s social media pages or channels please ensure you comply fully with the terms and conditions of usage for that particular page or channel including age restrictions: Please see the following as an example www.facebook.com/legal/terms.
- If you are reporting an emergency always call 999. Please do not report this on or through our social media pages or channels or contact us by direct message. Our social media pages and channels are not monitored 24/7.
- South Wales Fire and Rescue Service is not accountable for any public comments which may be posted on our pages. These are the comments and the opinions of the individual who has posted and should not be attributed to South Wales Fire and Rescue Service.
- Posts which can be considered obscene, offensive or inflammatory or inclusive of any other content that causes offence or harassment to the public, or a member of South Wales Fire and Rescue Service staff, will be removed without explanation.
- When engaging with our pages members of the public must remain courteous and respectful to others at all times.
- Spam or advertisements are not permitted at any time and will be removed.
Monitoring and posting
- SWFRS moderates and updates this account during office hours from Monday to Thursday, 09:00 – 17:00hrs and Friday 09:00 – 16:00hrs.
- Some posts may be scheduled in advance.
- SWFRS makes no commitment to respond to individual comments or engage in online debates.
- Should you have a question which is not an emergency, we prefer it if you direct message us so we can respond as soon as possible.
- If you would like us to address a personal issue or if you wish to make a complaint we ask that you please refrain from posting on our social media pages and instead use the correct channels to enable us to respond appropriately and as soon as possible. Please contact us via our website form.
We reserve the right to modify or alter these rules at any time.