New Inn Fire Station serves the towns of Pontypool, Griffithstown, Sebastopol and New Inn, and the surrounding villages of Little Mill and Penperlleni. The estimated population of the area is 33,600 people, covering an area of approximately 11,500 hectares.
New Inn Fire Station serves a range of industrial, commercial and residential properties in the area, as well as a large retail park, sports stadium and leisure centre.
28 uniformed staff based at New Inn comprising of 4 watches (red, blue, white & green), and a Station Commander
New Inn Fire Station was opened in 1952 under the Monmouth Fire Brigade and was the Headquarters, Control and Stores for Gwent Fire Service up until April 1996 when Gwent, South and Mid Glamorgan Fire Services amalgamated into the South Wales Fire & Rescue Service.