Penarth Fire Station serves the communities of Penarth, Dinas Powys and Sully. The estimated population of the Station area is 42,000 people within approximately 5 square miles.
Within the area, Penarth serves is the ever expanding University Hospital of Llandough, light industrial units, a town centre, residential areas, numerous care homes and rural farming land.
To the North lies the rapidly developing international sports village and Resort in Cardiff bay accessed directly via the Cogan Spur link road. The bay also contains several marinas and the waters of the Cardiff Bay Barrage which between them have the capacity for up to 1200 pleasure craft of all types and sizes.
To the South of the area, there are a number of petrochemical sites, which are subject to the Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) Regulations.
Community Safety and Engagement Initiatives
Penarth Fire Station is staffed by 27 Wholetime personnel, comprising of 4 Watches (Red, Green, Blue, White) and a Station Manager. History
Built by Glamorgan Fire Service and opened on the 30th May 1960 the station is due for a major refurbishment within the next few years.