Media and Communications Manager
GRADE 12 with honorarium to Grade 13 subject to job evaluation
SALARY: from £33,437 – £34,538
37 hours per week
Post Number: NU193
Do you have a genuine commitment to Effective Communications? If you have a passion for Engagement and promoting the messages and brand of South Wales Fire and Rescue Service then we are looking to appoint an individual to manage and develop our Media and Communication Team.
This exciting position sits within our Service Performance and Communications Department based at our Fire Service Headquarters at Llantrisant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Providing a quality and professional media, marketing, engagement, publicity and design & print function for South Wales Fire & Rescue Service.
· Developing, planning, implementing and evaluating the Corporate Communications, Engagement and Digital Communications Strategies covering all aspects of the Service’s internal and external communications functions.
· To manage the Service Media and Communications policies.
· Effectively manage the diverse Service Media, and Communications team
· Welsh language skills are desirable for this post.
More details of the role and the language skills required can be found within the Job Description and Person Specification.
An Application Form, Person Specification and Job Description can be downloaded from the Careers pages of our website www.southwales-fire.gov.uk. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Completed Application Forms should be returned to:- The Recruitment and Assessment Team, South Wales Fire & Rescue Service Headquarters, Forest View Business Park, Llantrisant, CF72 8LX.
The closing date for receipt of application forms is Monday 18th December.
The Interviews/Selection are scheduled to take place Thursday 4th January.
The successful candidate will be subject to:
We are a family friendly organisation and a flexible working system is in operation.
Job sharing options will be considered. Please indicate clearly on your application if you wish to apply on a job share basis.
This document is also available in Welsh. You are welcome to communicate with us in either English or Welsh.
Please note that all salaries are subject to job evaluation.
South Wales Fire and Rescue Service believes in the real value of having a diverse workforce and we proactively want to encourage applicants from all sectors of our community to apply.
Address:South Wales Fire & Rescue ServiceForest View Business ParkLLANTRISANTCF72 8LX