SALARY: from £16,781 to £17,419 per annum
Temporary for 6 months initially
37 hours per week
Post Number: TBC
South Wales Fire & Rescue Service is looking to appoint an individual to join its Legal Section.
This exciting position will sit within our Business Support team based at our Fire Service Headquarters at Llantrisant. The role is assigned to the Legal Section but the successful candidate will also be expected to work with all departments and directorates within the Service.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Focussing on Data Protection (General Data Protection Regulations) and contract law, along with employment, tort and land matters whilst working side by side with the Service’s staff.
· Supporting the Legal Section by undertaking research and administrative tasks that require knowledge of legal terms.
· Welsh language skills are desirable for this post.
· This role involves frequent travel between sites throughout the South Wales area. The successful candidate must be able to travel independently and a driving licence check will be conducted
More details of the role and the language skills required can be found within the Job Description and Person Specification.
An Application Form, Person Specification and Job Description can be downloaded from the Careers pages of our website www.southwales-fire.gov.uk. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Completed Application Forms should be returned to:- The Recruitment and Assessment Team, South Wales Fire & Rescue Service Headquarters, Forest View Business Park, Llantrisant, CF72 8LX.
The closing date for receipt of application forms is 17th January 2017 @ 12 noon.
The successful candidate will be subject to:
· A Drug and Alcohol Test prior to an appointment being made.
· A satisfactory Disclosure Scotland clearance check.
We are a family friendly organisation and a flexible working system is in operation.
This document is also available in Welsh. You are welcome to communicate with us in either English or Welsh.
Please note that all salaries are subject to job evaluation.
South Wales Fire and Rescue Service believes in the real value of having a diverse workforce and we proactively want to encourage applicants from all sectors of our community to apply.
Address:South Wales Fire & Rescue ServiceForest View Business ParkLLANTRISANTCF72 8LX